Monday, November 01, 2010

IS IT ME?


It seems that I am getting a lot of phone calls lately, from politicians, surveys and sales pitches. Most of the calls come in an automated voice, which I find rude.

However, that does not mean I should not have some fun with them. I mean if they are going to waste my time with their stupid calls, then I should waste theirs.

For instance, a phone call one night had a young lady on the other end

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Me: “Yellow?”

“Good evening, I’m with the ABC opinion poll, we are conducting a voter survey and would like to solicit your opinion.”

Me: “I’m sorry, I’m a married man, and no longer have opinions, maybe you should try all the single fellows?”

Of course there is always the TIME SHARE people.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“AHHHH YELLOW!”

Automated… Are you ready to sell your time-share? We offer the best deals in Time-share sales in the most famous and exclusive areas of the country. Press one for a sales representative.”

I press one.

“Coastal properties, Jake speaking, how may I help you?”

Me: Silence

Jake: “Hello”

Silence

And so it stays.

I know, “Joe, you got too much time on your hands!’ Well actually, I don’t, I just hate being disturbed by sales people, THEY waste my time, so why not waste theirs too?

No comments: