Monday, July 09, 2012

THE BIRTHDAY GIRL


One day last week, around 5:30 PM, TLW (The Little Woman) came home from work and walked into the house and said: “Come with me, I want to show you something.”

Oh God! I thought, what have I done now?

Leading me out to the back of her car, she points to this beautiful hanging plant, and I ask: “Who gave you those?” Thinking either one of her Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Co. members gave it to her or maybe her boyfriend.

“One of my members gave it to me for helping her out with some banking issues!” (That ungrateful SOB boyfriend!) We hang it in front of the house and go into the house for dinner. She takes out a card with a very nice  ‘Thank You’ on the front and a very considerate thank you note inside.

This is TLW for you. This is not the first time this has happened. She has gotten flowers before a numerous occasions, and toiletries like bars of soap in fancy wraps and ceramic holders like heart shaped dishes and other tokens of appreciation from the members.

That is the kind of lady she is, always thinking of others and never judging. She is really a gift to the world, if only my world, but I think mankind has benefited by her presence. You know that old saying about being in the right place at the right time-well I was.

And so today she celebrates her birthday, I figure she is somewhere between 29 and 45 years old, looks gorgeous as ever and still has my heart in the palms of her hands.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN!
I LOVE YOU XXX

I used to call her Miss Manning, because I love to hear her voice on the phone. When we were dating, I’d be at work and she’d be at work for Mobile Oil Corp, and when she answered: “Miss Manning” it was very sexy sounding to me. I used to get a big kick out of hearing her say that. Today when she answers the phone it’s: “Ellen speaking” the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Co. has you say that. If she ever goes back to Miss Manning, I will be calling everyday four times a day.

2 comments:

Princess Pat said...

Happy Birthday to a good friend
and co-worker at the Wanna Be Bank
and Truss Co. It's been and will
always be my pleasure working with
you and also being your friend!!!

Michele DePalo said...

That is so sweet, Joe. You are a loving and devoted husband. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!