Thursday, July 05, 2012

CRUMBS


Isn't she beautiful?
The other day I went to visit my brother-in-law John, who is feeling a little better. In my conversation with my older sister Tess (much older) I happened to mention how I missed eating a good piece of crumb bun. I love the crumbs and the fresh taste when you bite down on a brand new one. When they get a little stale, one can then dunk it into their coffee and preserve its value. Crumb buns are right up their with donuts.

So in comes Tess my older sister (much older) and says: “I have a surprise for you!”

Out come this dish and it is covered with a towel and she places it in front of me.

“Now, before I tell you what it is, will you promise you will be good on the trip down to Cape May, and make me laugh?”
More than one pumpkin head in the place!
There is always a catch, always something to temper my joy.

“OK”

Isn't it beautiful?
Like Mandrake the magician, she whips away the towel, revealing a crumb cake! A glorious, fresh, crumb cake! My mouth has now taken on a mood of joyous watering, complete with hunger pangs and a deep need for a cup of coffee. Tessie my older sister (much older) had come through, as she has in the past, thinking of someone else other than herself.

I should really stop calling her Tess, but it is easier than typing Theresa. The older sister part is just distinction.
Isn't he beautiful?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my blogging mate Jimmy Pants and two wonderful blogs he writes: http://spaldeendreams.blogspot.com/ and http://jpantaleno.blogspot.com/
If my calculations are correct, today is a big one. Hope you enjoy your day, and kiss Ava for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!

-#1 Son

Jim Pantaleno said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I guess every one these days is "the big one".