Monday, July 02, 2012

I REPEAT, AND SO DOES SHE!


Getting old can be a drag sometimes, you tend to repeat yourself and say something a few ways with the same idea in mind. I thought I was the only one that does that, but have discovered that many older people do that. Take TLW (The Little Woman) who recently was giving me some addresses to look up on the Internet, and said them about three ways, and her rational another three ways.

She is pretty sane, I know I’m not, and there are legions out there who will vouch for that. However, my insanity keeps me company, some of you out there are probably lonely.

LOSING MY MIND, ITS WITH THE INVITATION
We were invited to a graduation party in the hood, and an invitation was sent about a month ago. TLW asked me when the party was, and I said I think on June 30th. I then asked her where the invitation was, and she said she thinks it is where we keep things that are important but if they get lost we will be at a lose to figure it all out. It is a special place we designated years ago, but can’t remember where it is. But things safely put there.

I figured out why we do things like that: life is too uneventful at times, and big events should be highlighted, and filed for easy reference. I said easy reference. So for the last week and a half, we keep asking each other where the invitation is and when the party is. This has kept the marriage in tact since neither of us would know what to do if the other left. Well I wouldn’t, anyway.

Then today I have a dental appointment at 3:00 pm. I think. No, maybe it is at 9:00 am? No, 3:00 pm, yes I’m sure. Maybe the dentist’s office will call to confirm. Now I know they gave me an appointment card with the date and time on it. Where is that card? Oh, I know, with the invitation for the graduation party.

Pray for me.

No comments: