Saturday, March 29, 2014

DARBY SHEA –


She has arrived! La Principessa, the queen of angels, my beautiful granddaughter: Darby Shea! (La Principessa).

There is absolutely nothing I could say or do that would convey to you how overjoyed both TLW (The Little Woman) and I am. What #1 Son (Anthony) and TLC (The Lovely Courtney) brought into our personal world is pure joy: no additives were needed. She is the apple of our eyes and the love of our hearts, a princess, La Principessa!

The last few days have been a whirlwind of activity and excitement. Seeing what a little child so beautiful can do to you and what she has done for me is just unfathomable. Not only has stolen my heart, she has taken away some personal angst that has been gnawing at my gut with the problems that I left back home, mainly my mother’s slow dying in a nursing facility. They say that when one passe, another takes their place. Someone so small, and beautiful has the strength to do that! Amazing, and thank God for her, she is indeed  gift from God, as only God can do it.

I don’t know how long I have on this Earth, but I know that having met Darby Shea, I have lived a full and rich life. God has blessed me with her, her mom and her dad, not to mention her grandmother, her Aunt Ellen and her Uncle Mike.

I am a happy man. Thank you all from my heart and soul for all your kind words and sentiments.

4 comments:

Diana said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! She is absolutely beautiful! God Bless all!! (great pix tool! Enjoy, Grandpa and Grandma!!!!!! XO

Jim Pantaleno said...

Congratulations to all. She is beautiful, and very lucky to be born into such a wonderful family.

Mar Ann said...

She certailys a darling and beautiful little girl! Welcome to the family little one! You are and will always be so cherished by us all. Thank you Anthony and Courtney!

Anthony said...

Courtney and I can't begin to express how grateful we are that you and Mom were able to come out and be here for the first few days of Darby Shea's life. She is a lucky little girl to have such loving grandparents who are willing to drop everything to come meet her and help her enter the world. You guys, along with Roger and Claire, were an immense help to us in helping us transition from the hospital. We were scared to death those first few days, but just having you there helped set us at ease. You have blessed many people's lives over the years -- and I'm glad you are getting the chance to bless our daughter's. She already can't wait to see Grandpa Joe and Grandma Ellen again. Thanks again!

Love,

Anthony (#1 Son)