Thursday, March 27, 2014

WOULD HE LIE TO ME?


If you ever commuted on the railroad,, after a while you begin to make friends and start to sit together. There is a commonality that may bind you to a group of people like a ethnic or community likeness, and you see each other everyday, saving a seat and eventually getting into card games etc.

When I traveled I met a lot of women going to work who were the source of my dating, they were easily assessable due to the confines of the seats and conversations were easy to make. You got on the same car every day, took the same seat if possible, and BINGO, you made friends. That is how I met the Little Woman (TLW). Before I knew it, she got me to ask her out, then said ‘No’ since she had something better to do, I think straighten out her dog’s toy chest.

One day I left work earlier on a Friday afternoon and found myself on this train going to Patchogue. I took a seat on a mostly empty car with the exception os a small group of people, maybe 6, all sitting together 3 facing 3 and rather happy and out loud laughter. The ringleader was a man who was making jokes and suddenly spotted me. He told another joke out loud, they all laughed and he turned to me and said: “Would I lie to you?” This got a bigger laugh and I said nothing to his inquiry. Seeing how he got the laugh once, off went another joke with r\a responsive laugh, and once more he asked me: “Would I lie to you?” More Haha’s or as we say on Facebook: “LOL”s. This went on again and I was getting a little annoyed. I don’t like to be disturbed when I expect quiet and/or relaxing time.

My chance to fix the situation was not far behind, when once again the loud mouth made a joke, except everyone groaned and the joke fell flat. I look across at him and in a loud voice, shouted: “Maybe you should have lied to me!” That got the crowd laughing again, at his expense.

As he and his group were getting off at Babylon,  couldn't help but get one more shot in, which took them all by surprise: "TRY to keep them laughing!" I said.

No comments: