Thursday, March 13, 2014

IN THE ‘SPIRIT’ OF THINGS

-->
They have to be kidding the public: this cannot be true, yet I witnessed the truth. It seems there is a rinky-dink airline that flies into and out if LaGuardia airport, that looks and feels like a leftover of what didn’t make it with the real airlines.

I’m talking about Spirit Airlines, and the crew of what is the worst service ever. My flight out of LaGuardia was almost 2 hours late, the plane was cramped and the seats were beds of scattered garbage!

The plane must have had extra seats installed because there was NO room to even maneuver the aisle, get to the luggage compartment or even climb, literally into your seat! In my seat alone there was a used napkin stuck into the low ceiling over the seat, an empty bottle of flavored water left in the magazine holder and no in-flight magazine.

Then the crew made their announcements, One that you had to shut off all electronic devices and this elderly gentleman said he was having trouble shutting off his phone. The flight attendant asked what kind of phone he had and he said: "a rectangle one" and second, that if you wanted a drink, you couldn’t use a charge card, because their machines weren’t working, you had to pay cash, and have the exact change or close to it. They didn’t even offer the complimentary peanuts or chips, not that I needed them or even water! I was waiting for them to ask us to share the evacuation procedures card with the person next to us.

I used to hate Southwest the most for their stupid idea of selecting your seat on the plane, after having to be on vigil for the right moment to sent your seat request in for ‘A’ seating or wind up in between two rather wide people, and having to hunt down a space for your luggage!

Don’t get me wrong, I still hate Southwest the most, but I hate Spirit a close second. Their motto is: “Who Cares?”


2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Flying has become a huge pain in the ass. I usually set my expectations extra low, and even then they find some new way to disappoint me. Have a good time on your trip...our best to Ellen.

Jim Pantaleno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.