Thursday, May 02, 2019

CALIFORNIA DREAMING


One of the things I did to facilitate a smooth transition to California is to investigate the availability of housing in the Burbank area.

Now I have a preconceived vision of what I want. I want an open area, light and sunny that reminds me I will never see the snow and sleet, the drabness of the East anymore. I would like a place with many windows, large enough to give me sunshine all day. I want to see flowers, colorful flowers with trees and particularly palm trees from all those windows. I want enough room for my grandchildren to visit me and run about freely. Nothing like the happy squealing and laughter of little grandchildren as far as I’m concerned.

If there is a place for a simple bar-b-q that I can turn a steak on with a cocktail in hand on a sunny evening, feeling the warm breezes of the day, the azure or cerulean blues that Mother Nature paints the sky, all the better.

Waking up in the morning on my way to visit my grandkids, I want and know I will feel the warmth of the sun on my face. It reminds me that I am in a good pace, near my grandkids, as I plan to take them to the LA Zoo, or the parks and playgrounds, maybe a ride out to Anaheim to entertain those little munchkins at Disneyland.

I may be getting old, but I want to play catch with my grandson, just like I did with his dad, and watch the enthusiasm grow for a sport I always loved grow within him. I want to watch my beautiful granddaughter grow into a stunning woman with all the brains and guts in the World to make a difference in it.

The very first day I awaken from my sleep and realize I am in Burbank, the sun will be shinning both inside and out, on my face and in my heart.

No comments: