Tuesday, May 07, 2019

IT’S NURSE WEEK!

Do you have a nurse you love? If you do you should celebrate nurse week along with me. I have a niece and nephew who are both nurses, doing the work of God Himself, kind of an extension of God’s office.

As I sat in the hospital this morning visiting my daughter I asked the nurse if the hospital was doing anything special for the nurses and they didn’t even know it was nurse week! So, I started some trouble as they started to ask one another if the hospital WAS doing anything for them.

Then I wondered if there is a doctor’s week and realized it wouldn’t make any sense since they are never answering a call anyway, or they are on the golf course.

I love nurses because they are so good to my daughter, and to their charges as a whole, doing the things that a mother would do with the same amount of tenderness and love. They are like the immigrants that take on the menial jobs because they need to pay their bills, love their families and hold the value of work sacred. Nurses take the same ethic and apply it to healing people, no menial task, yet it is so difficult to perform. The things they do I would never want to do, but someone has to and they do it and do it well. The amount of abuse they get from patients is deplorable and that is unforgivable. They work under some bad conditions caring for their patients as they are often understaffed as well as underpaid.

I would rather hate to see a nurse overlooked, so, when you see one, thank them for doing God’s work. One may very well save your life as they did my grandson’s.

No comments: