Sunday, May 12, 2019

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

Every year I write about my mom and all she was and did for me. I never appreciated it while she was doing these things for me. After she passed I missed her very much and understood what she was all about me.

But today I wish to honor someone else, the mother of my children, someone who deserves honor and love and gets it from her children. When one of her chicks is down Mamma comes alive leaving no stones unturned and questions everything in her path.

That her children love and adore her there is no question for each is tendered love she tailors for each personality. She worries about her children, makes plans and oversees what we plan for them. She is unrelenting in her attention to the offspring.

As we passed through the crisis we have faced this year in our beautiful daughter-in-law Courtney passing and now the cancer scare for my daughter Ellen, she has faced it all with grace and good sense. Sometimes I have to calm her down to so she can catch her breath, yet she can be calm. There are times the tears fall and I have to suggest she turn her heart and mind somewhere else for the moment.

But she is a mother one who has been tested far too often and still stands strong. She is a mother with a broken heart, losing a child to death and one to disabilities. She holds onto her sons with determination and deep devotion. Above all, she is my wife, a woman who cares deeply for her children and wishes only to see them happy.

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY, TOOTS, YOU ARE THE BEST MOM AND WIFE I KNOW.




No comments: