Tuesday, September 17, 2019

CERTAIN MAGIC!


Once upon a time, not so long ago, there was this little girl who came into the world and it began the process of my becoming someone important, I was called her ‘Uncle’. This was my first designation as someone of any value. I had a title, I, was an uncle to someone I could tell was special.

It was a Saturday I think, having visited the city with a friend who would become my non-biological brother, Phil, to see a movie that our college instructor told us to see as a class, the Red Desert written and directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, starring Monica Vitti and Richard Harris. But it was the cinematography by Carlo DiPalma that drove us there to the NYC theatre as art and photography students.

 

Laurie and Gerard, a special couple

Getting home that Saturday night I jumped off the train and walked to Rollic Incorporated where Dad was putting in some work, he drove me home. It was at Rollic that I learned I was an Uncle for the first time.

 

All through her life, she has made me proud, she is a terrific daughter, niece, and sister, loyal and caring, as you can see she is beautiful. She is very high on the food chain as someone with great responsibility and has two terrific sons. But the thing I love about her most is her moral compass is always pointed toward love and caring, doing good works where they are needed most. 

 

Laurie Ann has the talents of her mom and the loving spirit and smarts of her dad, a wonderful pair of parents.

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURIE!

 

Don’t worry, I won’t reveal how long “not so long ago” is.



No comments: