Friday, September 20, 2019

SOMETIMES THINGS ARE LOOKING UP

As she sits in her bed at the Medford Multicare Center, my little girl continues to make small strides until she reaches a plateau no one noticed her doing.

One of the important objectives is to get her off of the tracheoscopy so she can go home again someday. Sitting with her in her room I was playing music when the respiratory doctor entered and told me that she would be moving downstairs into the less fragile and/or normal residents. The doctors want to see if they can begin to slowly take off the tracheoscopy and cap it. For Ellen to go home to her residence in Shoreham, this has to be done because they cannot or are not equipped to deal with it.

So, another day of wonder and another day to learn about my daughter’s health, life, and future. It would be nice to have a normal life myself, not live it in fear and wonder, sitting endless hours with someone who doesn’t even speak. I’m not complaining, I am stating a fact. Some retirees spend their time on cruises, me, I spend my time in a chair.

I carry with me a survival kit every day, consisting of my laptop, I-pad and newspapers, and puzzle books.

No comments: