Sunday, September 29, 2019

LA PRINCIPESSA


Being the grandpa of a beautiful and special granddaughter Darby Shea has become a great joy that rebuilds itself day after day. The reports I get from her father of conversations and photos seem to make me so elated I feet miss the ground when I walk!

DARBY: “Guess what, Dad. You think you’re the fella over there with the hella good hair, but you’re not.”
Dad: “What?! Who is?”
DARBY: “Bobby.” (Her baby brother) or…

Darby asked her dad if McDonald’s ever serves a “Sad Meal” to go along with their “Happy Meal” and he said: “I’m glad she’s finally starting to produce the kind of content I expected when I hired her.” Or…

Dad: “I just witnessed the most heartwarming family scene: Darby, beautifully singing True Colors while punching my Dad repeatedly in the belly.”

So, you see why I’m so proud and elated. But two 2-weeks ago on Face Time, grandma and grandpa witnessed the fruits of her labors.  She is taking acting classes because her mom did and her mom wanted to be an actress at one time, so Darby does too. Standing in front of the camera, she posed maybe 10 different times, drawing laughter from us. The laughter encouraged her to go on and improvise which she did convincingly, drawing even more hysterical laughter and tears from yours truly.
 

No comments: