Friday, January 31, 2020

HOW HAPPY I MUST BE


So, the situation with my daughter Ellen is that she was moved from the nursing home to the hospital, St. Charles in Port Jefferson. We did this with the doctors’ agreements to find the underlying cause of her lack of appetite.

There will be tests for everything possible including a toothache. Speaking to the fine staff at St. Charles, they are all into finding this problem a solution.

My wife and I have suspicions on what is going on and feel that we are running out of time. I suspect that although the surgeon, who operated on her cancer back in May of last year, may have missed something since she rebels every time I put a fork near her with food on it. This is the same reaction as when I try to give her something to drink.

We know there are infections present and probably more than once, she is ‘recovering from past issues and will continue to do so.

I hope to have some answers soon and we can ‘adjust’ to whatever the news might be.

God, how I wish I could ease her suffering!

She is a fighter, tough and feisty, will not compromise or surrender if she doesn’t want to. It is amazing how strong she is, how tough and also how pissed she is right now!

No comments: