Sunday, January 19, 2020

PUTTING PLANS IN PLACE






I like to tell jokes on Facebook because I love to laugh. God only, knows the sorrow in this world that I have faced all my life. There are some bright spots along the way but there are very many dark moments, too.

With my jokes that I tell, comes an Italian accent I write into it so that it has a little flavor to the many of Italian-Americans that read them, and as a finishing touch, I try to add a photo to relate a little from either a character in the joke or me telling the story.

Recently I took stock of all my photos and discovered how many hats I own, from baseball caps to Viking horned helmets, from Santa to the Easter bunny, hats from Florence, Italy, and Boston, from Savannah, Georgia to Los Angeles, I must own well over 25 to 30 hats!

Over the years, my wife has told me in no uncertain way that I should “Go shit in your hat!” for some minor disagreement or so, and I have always resisted the order in spite of my being a dutiful husband.

After taking stock of the number of hats, if I did comply with her wish, it would be all day until I found THE hat to do it in, thus making her happy.

No comments: