Friday, June 22, 2007

OOPS!

Sometimes I am so sure of myself that I forget that I don’t know. Sounds illogical but it is the best way to explain myself.

This morning TLW (The Little Woman) and I were going over business for the day when I asked her if she thought I should call the pool guy to power vacuum the pool.

As I write this, I get into another self-argument as to the spelling of vacuum, thinking it is spelled vacumm yet it doesn’t look correct. So angrily, I berate myself for questioning how to spell the word, and look it up, only to find I was wrong, it is “vacuum” after all.

Back to the conversation-TLW asks if I got a bill. No! What bill?? She says: “ didn’t you get a copy of the bill, a yellow piece of paper when the pool guy opened the thing? No, absolutely not. She asks if I maybe put it in the calendar pocket on the refrigerator. Ha, these women always put you in a situation to make you look bad, Geez!

I decide to go ahead and look for the bill, even in the pocket of the calendar, although I know for sure it is not there.

She must have put it there,

I never got it.

Can’t recall doing that.

Come to think of it, I did put it there! Oh yeah, I remember now, folding it and putting it there.

Maybe I just need to rest.

No comments: