Thursday, June 07, 2007

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT…

Suddenly a shot rang out, a door slammed and a woman screamed. Well not really, actually it was sunny noontime, and the dog growled and what sounded like an airplane taking off was heard.

At first I thought that the growling was my stomach, but realized it was the dog, and I figured someone might be here or in the yard. I immediately went downstairs from my studio and into the kitchen, and as I did, I noticed someone outside my kitchen window! A prowler? An attacker of some kind, was trying to invade my home or maybe worst, a tax assessor?

Out I go into the side yard, and there arrayed before me is what looks like the welding team for the Brooklyn Naval Yard, but turns out to be my man Bill next door.

Three quarters of the outside of my house is a light yellow and one quarter is grey. I have been working with the grey side for a few years now, and was currently looking for grey flowers to work with the siding. The reason the side of the house was grey was because last year it was mildew green. The mildew green worked well with the trees, and I figured I was set. But no, the mildew green turned to grey and my landscape scheme was taking a hit in confidence and becoming impossible to match with flowers or shrubs.

So what was my man Bill doing there? His welding kit turned out to be a power washer, and he was power washing the side of the house, and making it match the other three sides once again!

Bill has a lot of heart and tools, using one or the other interchangeably or separate, it doesn’t really matter. If you look in the dictionary under good neighbor you will find his picture. He is very generous in his time and help, and you can’t imagine what wonderful neighbors he and his wife Carole are. It seems whenever he buys himself a new tool; he tries it out on the neighbors too!

I was seriously thinking of talking him into buying a driveway-paving machine of some kind. Only kidding. (Maybe)

As for the dog, she is a lot like me, I put some food in her dish and she was happy once more. We all have a price.

No comments: