Tuesday, June 26, 2007

THIRTY SIX YEARS AND STILL BEAUTIFUL

Note: This blog was written days ago.

There are few treasures in a man’s life that he can keep until he dies. There is only his talents, his memories and hopefully his children and wife.

My memories go back a long time, and my oldest memories seem to have faded a bit, yet the one memory that I cherish is the one I made 36 years ago, yesterday. Funny thing is that yesterday too, became a memory to cherish. When I awakened from a very restful sleep, I was still in a state of dream when I was greeted by TLW (The Little Woman), and when she said: “Happy Anniversary!”, I was shaken back to my senses and on high alert once more. She reminded me that she remembered first, and she did, catching me by complete surprise. I had planned on sending her flowers to her office, but she caught me with my coffee cup down as I found a big white envelope sitting in my chair in the den. Of course, it was a card with all the sentiment that is important to me to read on occasions like this, and to her to express. I felt like I had forgotten, although I didn’t get a card for her, my plan was in place.

This may sound corny, but I still get excited when I see her for the first time after more than an hour away from her. I am grateful she is healthy and vibrant, doing what she does best, giving me projects to occupy my little mind while off she goes for her day at the wannabe bank she works for.

I guess when you put so much trust into an individual, you expect a lot from him or her, but when the payback is so great that you feel like you have a luxury suite you didn’t pay for, and feel guilty for using it, you think there must be some mistake.

Well someone had to marry her, it might as well be me, although she deserves a lot better, to that poor guy out there that should have married her, tough luck, pal, I got the greatest gal in the world!

No comments: