Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I’M WITH HER!

The big day had arrived. And TLW (The Little Woman) was ready! Decked out in her finery, we drove to Port Jefferson< New York to the Danford Inn. Situated on the harbor of the largest and deepest of harbors on Long Island, we arrived after a detoured run around. It seems that no one told the town of Port Jefferson not to have a parade, as I was forced to do a tour of and back track of the Island.

Parking the car would be a valet. I searched franticly for the valet key, before I realized it was in the ignition.

In we go and are told the party is across the street, at another location!

Down into the basement of this large old building, to the Diplomat’s Room, we find the 1964 Class Reunion of Seton Hall High School. I genuflect once, and enter. No nuns! So far, so good! We push into the crowd and I search for a bar, as TLW introduces me to old friends from the past.

I pay for two drinks. Two stinking drinks, $18! $18! Are they kidding me? One is a scotch and soda, and one is a Jack Daniels Manhattan, $18!

I need another drink to get over the price gouging!

The food was good, at $70 a person, and you pay for your liquor. They had a DJ, but someone had to coax him out of under the table to play a song or two. The salmon was superbly done, as was the appetizer of cheese and fruit was not. $70 for a buffet dinner, but no appetizer or drinks! WOW!

TLW was by far the best and youngest looking gal there. She really stood out in her outfit, and youthful face, with her old, cheap and grouchy husband.

The thing I found amusing was 60’s year old men, bending down, squinting and straining to read a woman’s name on her chest, which 30 years ago would have gotten them arrested!

Please pray for my brother-in-law John, who today thinks he is a Polish Admiral as two sisters, two brother-in-laws, TLW and myself set sail for somewhere out there on the ocean. Also, remember those that need our hopes and prayers for recoveries.

No comments: