Sunday, August 30, 2009

IT WAS A CLOSE SHAVE!

I finally shaved off my beard, after I decided to grow it back in December of ’07. I’ve grown attached to the beard, and liked the way it hid my face from little children. Now I can’t even go to restaurants for fear of upsetting stomachs!

Aside from restaurants and schools, the board of directors I serve on will have to hold meetings in the dark! And how does TLW (The Little Woman) feel about the whole thing? I don’t know since I can’t seem to coax her back into the house!

My dog learned a new trick, she puts her paws over her eyes, but I don’t know why she whimpers when she does! Old friends and new tell me to: “put it back!” or say I look like Tom Bosley. My sisters all like the beard off, since it helps them with their diets when they see me.

It is not easy; sneaking up to the mirror in the morning to shave, or replacing the glass when it cracks, not to mention the fact that I called the police twice on me since I shaved, thinking it was an intruder with a mask!

Well, I guess I’ll go quietly into my studio and hear the echoes of remarks being made about this matter, as you all prepare for the swine flu, the Nile Virus and my shaven face.

View my new post!
I decided to put my novel up as a preview! Please comment if you like. Go to: http://deliterature.blogspot.com/
This is the second chapter from my book, Tolik's Odyssey. Next week: the third chapter.

2 comments:

Fran said...

I like you much better without the beard! What took you so long to listen to your sisters???
Love,
Fran

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

You all talk at once, I was a little confused.