Friday, December 11, 2009

THE CHAIRMAN AT WORK?




It may have been a rainy Saturday morning, but the day was productive.

The ladies you see in the photos are part of the Bellport High School Class of 1964 Reunion Committee.

As Ricky Ricardo once said: “Let me splain!” One of them had a camera, and decided I needed to have my picture taken with each of them, an offer I refused to refuse. It was my duty as the chair for historical reasons to record the event for future generations of reunion committees, and besides: transparency is good for preventing blackmail.

Actually. Once you got by all the chatting they do, the laughing, and the story telling, we actually got something done! They work very hard, and great gals and I am happy to work with them. Unfortunately, they are the only ones to step up to the plate to make things happen. The men that were on the last committee, over 20 years ago have all moved away to other states. There are very few classmates of mine in the area!

From 1 pm to 4:30 pm we mapped out the final plans for the reunion, the place, time, menu, where the icebreaker would be held the night before and the music and photography, along with the place settings. It will be a reunion like we have never had before: we even plan a game that sounds like it will be fun. The response has been very good, and we haven’t reached everyone yet!

From left to right top row:
Pam Brin Brin(I even have another if you need it), Carol (Pat) Patanjo, Michelle DeVito (Hey that’s my mouse you got their!) Second row: Kathy Sperakis (From New Jersey or Greece), Judy Fuoco (I got more cousins in East Patchogue than there are people) and Pat (Hot Wheels) Thatcher.

No comments: