Friday, December 25, 2009

WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS


It’s time for me to be selfish! Here is what I need for Christmas, and I want it NOW!

I want my beautiful wife to live for a long time, so I never miss her wise consul, her grace and elegance, (even when she sneezes loudly), or her beautiful face.

I want my son’s to grow not only mentally, but: spiritually, to have peace in their lives, and to honor their Mother and look after their sister after I leave this life. I want them to find happiness when they marry and leave me with a legacy of grandchildren.

I want my beautiful daughter Ellen to continue to laugh, smile and light up my life. She should live to at least 100, and everyday of her life should improve.

I want for all my friends to have a little peace in their lives. I want them not to want, grieve or lose anything that is of personal value in their hearts.

I want for my sisters and their families to prosper in peace, to find cures where cures are needed, and to spread that happiness that I get from seeing them.

Likewise, I need my wife’s family to similarly have peace and prosperity, to stay healthy and continue to be who they are.

I want my Mom, to continue doing her charitable work in the hospital she volunteers at: at Brookhaven Memorial. I want her friendship with Henry to last forever.

I need to see the people I love: the developmentally disabled and those that care for them find only success, and happiness. That the work, which the staff does at AHRC Suffolk Chapter: is fruitful and continues.

I need for the children of this world to stop suffering, not be abused, and live in complete happiness.

I need for all the sickness and affliction that consumes many of us, to dissipate and never appear, especially in children.

I want to continue the friendships I’ve cultivated, renewed, and found, to continue in my lifetime. They should all find peace and happiness. I need that.

I want all my readers to never be disappointed in what I have to say, to enjoy reading, and to continue reading.

I want all my neighbors to see the joy I see in having them nearby, good people all, like my family and friends.

And for you dear readers: I want peace, happiness and health forever.

If I can get these wants, then I can sit down in peace, never wanting, never needing, never hungry for more.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

Love you,
Mary Ann

Fran said...

It's not nice to make your younger sister cry! This was wonderful. May the peace and joy of Christmas be with you and your beautiful family. Missed you last night.
Lots of love,
Fran