Monday, October 18, 2010

OK, IT’S ME


Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with me. Now I know TLW (The Little Woman) my two sons from my first marriage, and if I have a friend, he/she will tell you a lot! Hard to believe? Well I was in the doctor’s office the other day, my cardiologist insists on seeing me every six months, and I was reading a New Yorker Magazine.

Across the way from me was an elderly gentleman in his late 70’s I guess, and he was reading a book. So what you say. Well he had on very thick glasses, and the book was about nose length away from his eyes. When he read, his head moved along the sentence, and you could see him drop to the next line, and move on to the end of the sentence, sentence after sentence!

I was fascinated by the struggle the poor man had, and thought he should get a magnifying glass or some other aid to help him read. Apparently, the book was very interesting, and he never took his head out of it. So if he could read with ease, he would really enjoy himself.

I went back to the magazine, and I started to wonder what the book was he was reading. He was facing me, and stooped over with the paperback, so it was hard to see the cover, until that is, when he momentarily straightened up. I swear, I think there is something wrong with me, and I stifled a rather large laugh from going out of my mouth.

You ready for this? The name of the book:
Take Your Eye Off The Ball!

If you don’t think that was funny, I still do.

No comments: