Friday, October 22, 2010

WELL PARDON ME!


I have been invited to $750 a plate dinner at the American Medical Association in May! This means a tuxedo and a dressy dress for TLW (The Little Woman)

“Why” you ask? “Why that schmuck when they could have invited me?”

Well, when you design a 100 Anniversary book of a college in Manhattan, you get to go too! However, this will be special, because a lot of prominent people in the medical field will get to see my book, as well as big shots in city and federal government! A part of me gets around in a way!

This to me is very exciting: it caps my career. I think that probably it will be one of the last projects I will ever do in my life, and it is nice to go out in a blaze of glory.

I know I am sounding like I am bragging, and I apologize for the annoyance, but I am so happy that this is where my work will wind up, or down as the case may be.

So, a little hoity-toity feeling, as I step out into the world of the AMA, at a fancy schmancy restaurant, my book the center of all that attention by some really cool dignataries!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Congratulations,I am so proud of you, but then again you will do anything for a free meal!

Jim Pantaleno said...

Joe, It ain't bragging if you can do it. Congratulations, and don't forget to bring along a doggie bag. (Or do they call it a canine bag in these fancy places?)

Anonymous said...

OK so there will be very expensive plates to eat off of but what kind of food are they serving?
ss-i-l
p.s. nice job s-b-i-l

Michele DePalo said...

Well, I, for one, am very impressed and excited for you! Congratulations. We all know how talented you are!

Mary Ann said...

My Goodness!! So proud of you and so deserving!! Enjoy!!!