Tuesday, October 26, 2010

SHOWERED WITH ENTHUSIASM


Or like it or else!

The other day TLW (The Little Woman) and I went to my least favorite place, Home Depot. The reason I hate that place is it is so noisy, big and distracting. OK, here’s another reason: It usually costs money. The customers for the most part are hard working plumbers, carpenters and tradesmen, or couples like TLW and myself. It is the place where home décor dreams go to die.

This particular day we were on a mission to purchase a shower door to replace the one we now have, being it is rendered by TLW: “Obsolete”.

“Why are we buying a new door for anyway?” I enquired.

“Because if we are going to sell our house, we need to be up to date!” She responded rather quickly, anticipating the question coming up. I like to pose questions in a surprise form to see how quickly the response comes forth. “Besides” she continued: “If you look at HDTV, you will notice all the shower doors are now all glass! We want to make this appealing, like on the shows.”

“We do?”

“Yes, this will help sell the house.”

“OK. Hey, here is a nice looking door!”

“No!”

“Why not????”

“Because I don’t like it.”

It was here that I decided to take a stand and act like a man.

“OK”

TLW: “I want a clear glass door, not an etched look.”

“Why?”

“Because that is what they do on TV.” (What a dummy I am!)

“But all you’ll see is a bathtub!”

“Hmmm, that’s true. Let’s look in some other places at another time, you are getting too logical again”

No comments: