Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I HAD TO ASK!


Recently I wrote about the symbols that the young kids are using to communicate or to show just how cool they are. The name of the blogue I wrote was titled: ‘WHATZIT MEAN????’

 

“The hand sign I speak of is the thumb raised up, and the index and middle finger sticking out and spread apart. Now I know the middle finger by itself means something, and it has come a long way since it was first used in anger, but supporting the other two fingers I mentioned gives it a supporting role in the communication”.

 

I received a response that I just knew was coming from a certain source, #1 Son. He wrote:

 

“Well, you're not going to like the answer. It's a "gang symbol" that members of street gangs used to use in pictures to show everyone what gang they belonged to. It eventually got co-opted by ALL of America's youth as a way to make them seem "cool" or "bad-ass" in pictures, but in reality it just makes them look stupid. I wonder how many of these kids even know what it originally meant”.

 

And this:

 

“But on the bright side, at least the readers of Delbloggolo now have a picture of you proving you're a member of the Crips gang!”

-#1 Son

 

This is of course shocking news since I must be behind in my dues!

 

And so with this information and request for pertinent knowledge, DelBloggolo will be requesting public funding. Move over Big Bird!

 


No comments: