Sunday, February 08, 2015

IT’S JUST MY LUCK

-->

Reporters were interviewing an old lady on the occasion of her 110th birthday.  

"What do you think is the reason for your long life?" they asked her.  

"Oh," she replied, "I suppose it's because I was born such a long time ago.

Dr. Strangeglove
Recently I had a doctor’s appointment and it means a blood test. Every three months I go and he gives me a blood test as part of the routine. Unfortunately it means fasting for a while before you get the blood extracted. That particular morning all I had was yogurt for breakfast and the appointment was for 3:30 pm.

Dr Strangeglove is a grumpy old guy like myself and so we have a love hate relationship: he loves to not give credit for losing 7 pounds in three months and instead of saying congratulations says: “But will you continue to lose weight?” I of course love to hate him.

After my appointment I was hungry. Eating yogurt for breakfast does not fill one’s stomach, especially on a winter day, so I headed out from his office to the nearest eating hole. OH MY GOD! A MacDonald’s! Do I dare go in and eat there? I looked around and didn’t see any salad places so in I went. Being how Dr. Strangeglove made me angry, I would show him who is boss. Since his office is in sight of the restaurant, I got out of the car and pulled my collar up so he wouldn’t see me.

Going in I give my order and notice it is nice and quiet, and choose an outer dining room to eat in peace and have time to hide any food if the doctor should come in looking for me. As I bite into the first of my Quarter Pounder with Cheese, I hear a voice, a child’s voice with no words, just screams. The brat is moving toward me, and there is a whole gaggle of brats, all heading my way, screaming. The little girl was having a birthday party, in the same damned room I was hoping to have peace and quiet. The mother was hanging up stuff for the party, instead of staying home and keeping that kid from screaming.

When my kids were growing up, we hosted birthday parties at my house. We provided food, usually pizza and ice cream and cake, no hamburgers or chicken Mac Nuggets. We had a lot of kids and they all had a good time, while I hid somewhere until it all blew over. When the party was over, I was the target for them to have fun and roughhouse outside. I remember one party where they all charged me at once! This restaurant party was really pissing me off!

So remember-Start every day with a smile and get it over with.






LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it will invigorate you!

No comments: