Monday, February 02, 2015

I MAKE AN ASSESMENT OF MY WARDROBE


I always get really frustrated trying to put clothes in my wardrobe. Think I could do with some Hanger Management.

As you know from time to time I like to make an assessment of my wardrobe. So every 30 years like clockwork I open my closet and drawers and take a hard long look of what I have to wear.

Of course the question to ask is fit, does that pair of pants still fit, do those socks look like they should be retired because of a few tiny holes, are those stains on my shirt all that noticeable? All these are pertinent questions that I do address every 30 years.

About 30 years ago TLW (The Little Woman) started to get on my case because I never thought to buy clothes for myself, she felt that my shirts did fit well, but that was in high school, that the pants look ok, but there was no more material to let them out. I assured her that all that would change, I would go on a major diet, and lose all the weight so I could resume my humble lifestyle without messing with my wallet, as soon as I finished my lunch. Apparently TLW didn’t think so.

Well here we are once again, my how times fly.

Looking in my closet is a journey down Memory Lane, the memories come flooding back, graduation from college, my first child being born, my second, third and fourth, all wrapped in a memory in a shirt or shoes or pair of pants.

You may be interested to know that many of the underwear manufacturers of years ago are no longer in existence, so I can’t replace brand names!

I was never a clotheshorse as they say; no I put on stuff to be comfortable. Some people replace their coats because they are old, but if my clothes fit, aren’t terribly ripped and are still somewhat comfortable, I’m good to go!

Shoes, I have milestone shoes; there is personal history in those soles! My feet don’t get fatter, and besides, who really looks down when they talk to you? I don’t and I don’t care what kind of shoe you prefer or how old it is, as long as I can look down and recall something.

Well, aside from some handkerchiefs that need to be ironed, there isn’t much I want to change. The socks are altogether; can’t see any holes. The shirts and pants in my closet look fine although it is too dark in the closet to see them, I suppose I could reach to put on the light, but it is time for lunch!

 



LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, you'll look very stylish!


No comments: