Thursday, February 26, 2015

BUTERA'S RESTAURANT OF SAYVILLE


Atheist: What's this fly doing in my soup?
Waiter: Praying.
Atheist: Very funny. I can't eat this. Take it back.
Waiter: You see? The fly's prayers were answered.

 

Every now and then I like to review a local restaurant that I visit, and the one most recently that impressed me was a place in Sayville, right off of Main Street.

After a afternoon of local theatre in Oakdale enjoying a production of: HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING along with a few friends, we all headed to Butera’s for a Sunday dinner.


Butera’s is located at 100 South Main Street, in Sayville, NY 11782. All major credit cards are accepted and the place has been around for a few years. This being my second visit, I left as happy as I did when I first visited it. The well appointed restaurant is a southern Italian style restaurant, known for its family style portions and delicious food, made just right and to your preference.The amazing thing is that the noise level in the crowded Sunday afternoon trade was very tolerable and comfortable, with no overhead music to interfere with conversation.

We shared a; spaghetti with white clam sauce, rigatoni ala vodka chicken Francais and calamari Fra Diavolo, along with a basic salad and a house wine, finishing things off with a Tartufo and an Amaretto soaked cake and almond ice cream with cream. All in all, the dishes were moderately priced and by their taste a bargain!

If you are ever in Sayville, looking to eat and eat well, then you should certainly give them a shot, but I suggest you make reservations first.


 


LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, everything will taste better!


1 comment:

Diana said...

Yes, been there, definitely a great place to eat! :-)