Sunday, February 15, 2015

GETTING THE LAY OF THE LAND

-->
I'm on a strict running program.
I started yesterday.
 I've only missed one day so far.

I love to watch people, having done so since I was in college waiting for long periods of time for trains, and seeing how they behave; behaviors are all part of a persona.

The other morning I was on one of the self-torturing devices at the gym when I noticed this new face or should I say old body wandering around in a black t-shirt and sweat pants. The guy obviously needed to be at the gym and he must have just signed up, determined to lose some weight. He looked like he desperately needed a shave, and looked like he just go up from bed. That the witching hour was 6:30 am, it is understandable. He probably had to go to work yet.
They have vays to make me talk

Roaming around the floor, he was inspecting all the gym equipment, reading what they do and on occasion tugging on one or two of the devices but looking somewhat bewilded and self-conscious. Gingerly he touched one piece of apparatus then another, going slowly and in a quizzical bind. He was fun to watch and I felt sorry for him. Not wanting to break my rhythm, I left him alone, but really wanted to introduce myself and explain some of the stuff to him, but I come first in these circumstances.
usually more than one!

Finally he settled on something, something I don’t use since it is not designed to work within my routine and goals. It is a pulley-like contraption with a long black rope that you pull on endlessly. It was left on an easy setting from a young woman who had just left it and so the guy tried it out. Suddenly his whole demeanor came to life and he had a great time pulling, the rope flying by at a rapid pace! When he was done, he walked to the locker room, his morning done. I couldn’t help myself and went over to the contraption just to see what the setting was. It was without any resistance, only about 10 pounds! The poor guy really fooled himself into thinking he had a workout!

I think if I ever see him again I will introduce myself and get to know him.

 



LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?

 
Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it gives you strength!


No comments: