Sunday, February 01, 2015

NONE BUT THE BRAVE


 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhWBYeq-JjePqXLcQzqTOuBzxaHV_F7tg_GCpI2ZIlqO_R6kgmatoIV1v2r4FhiMxbFP3-5nIwlJkLZ7NdLL7fAG_hnsh_98K6-b3OTEj5h_wrEc02Ld-XEvS1M_nroWlXc9ux5/s1600/snowy-Boston.jpg


Its so cold hitchhikers were holding up pictures of thumbs!

It is the day after the big storm of 2015, and I am venturing out to go to my gym workout. I climb into my Prius and set out, actually following a snowplow as it does its duty in front of me. Reaching the corner: here I make my first turn, I can’t see who is coming since the snow was piled so high, it is about 8 feet over me in my car, and the road is icy, the turn will be somewhat uncontrollable and I know it.
Inching ahead slowly, I attempt to make the right turn and as I do I slide to my left into oncoming traffic, a big old SUV, and I wait for what seems the inevitable, but luckily he sees me and is going slow enough to avoid me, we both sight a bit a relief as my heart returns to beating, though still in my mouth.

Getting on a main road it seems like nothing ever happened! The road is clean and looked like it just rained, not snowed 28 inches worth, the Town did an amazing job, but still I take it easy all the way to the gym. There in the strip mall with a huge parking lot that accommodates a supermarket, post office, Chinese buffet and discount store, a drive in hamburger place along with the gym, the parking is find an empty space, there are no lines!

Walking to the gym from where I parked, I slip and slide, like I’m doing a moonwalk, I reach the door and enter, the place is lonely, except for a few people, I have a gym to myself! I stop and think: “what just happened?” I made an effort to get to the gym, me, someone who hates to workout was seriously risking his ass for the gym!”

Suddenly a proud feeling comes over me, I am officially a gym rat: I want to do this, boy, I am a damned fool! Maybe there is help for me somewhere or somehow.

 


LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it might keep you from freezing to death!



No comments: