Friday, February 25, 2011

249 DAYS!

Recently there was a report about Belgium, a tiny little country in Western Europe, celebrating 249 days without a government!

Lucky Belgium!

It seems that the 6 million Dutch speaking and 4.5 French speaking nation can’t seem to compromise and come to any agreement about forming a government.

Lucky Belgium!



In this country, the good old US of A, we have too much government for my own good. The hamlet or village has a government, the town, the county, the state and the Feds, all have a government, all have their hand out, and all seem to find ways to squander my money. If that is not enough for me, there is TLW (The Little Woman), a business partner, my dog and my daughter, and God! I am so far down the pecking order: I have to look up to look down!

What would happen to the pomposity scale if we had no government? Would the jails be emptier? Would April’s spring cleanup only be our back yards, and not our pockets too?



What would happen at 6:00 pm with the nightly news, good stories and maybe no news? Discussions at the dinner table might take a turn for the better, we would clear out city hall, fire all the slackers and save a nice bundle of cash for an extravagant vacation?

If we could then convince the rest of the world to rid themselves of their governments too, we would then have true peace. We could scrap the military budget and apply it to cancer research, cures for heart disease, Parkinson’s and other horrific diseases, including developmental disabilities.

I like Belgium a whole lot more as I write this!

Of course, we would not have as many services available, for instance; the plows that plow my street to get me on the road, would not be plowing me in so I can’t access the road. We wouldn’t be paying over $400 for a toilet seat or hammer for government use, and who knows, we would all miss the inanity of government logic!

No comments: