Thursday, February 10, 2011

THE PRICE I PAY

Most of my life has been spent watching football on Sundays in the fall and early winter. Before I was married, I watched: as I liked, sometimes all day on a Sundays. Then I got married and found that TLW (The Little Woman), didn’t appreciate football.

In the early years I used to tell her I was watching the National Federation Of Lawyers (NFL), and that she should take the kids and go to her mother’s house, since it would be boring for her. Every Sunday in the fall and early winter, that is what she did. She thought I was some kind of brain dead man, and that it was better to visit her mother or shop than watch some boring legal show.

Then one night, while company visited, I had a tad too much to drink, and made the mistake of stating out loud, what the National Federation Of Lawyers really was! I have to the day I die, to pay for it. I will pay every day for the rest of my life.

Fast forward to this evening, while we watched a tape of Glee, that followed the Super Bowl, and because of the post game shows, it was eating into the Glee taping.

“If we don’t see the end of Glee, because of your dumb football, you are in trouble!” so she warned me. Of course we didn’t see the whole show because the Super Bowl ran over the time slot, and now I will pay even more. Thank you NFL, I didn’t even watch the darn game, and now I need a lawyer probably!

No comments: