Tuesday, February 15, 2011

DELIVERANCE!



After the holdup, (The plumber came) I started to notice something strange: I was on edge and couldn’t figure out why! Then it occurred to me, the sink faucet no longer leaks! The constant moving the level to a point where it would not leak: had ended. For some reason, when the old faucet leaked, you had to move this ball mounted lever to a certain point, on the cold water side to stop the leaking, and then that point would be somewhere else the next time!

I discovered that there are many little issues just like the leaky faucet, which make me nuts. For instance, my dopey dog, who always waits for me to get comfortable in my recliner before deciding that she needs to go out. She has now taken me to a new level, one where I need to watch her, and now leash her and go with her. She has decided to climb up on the snow, and look around, sniffing and not watching, so what is wrong with that? She does this on the very edge of the pool, and started to slide the other day into the pool, causing me to shoot out and rescue her before she fell all the way in.





Then there is my car, and locking it. I park in a public area, lock my car, then wonder: did I lock it or did I just hit the open button, so I hit the lock again. Now I wonder if anyone was watching me. So I figure someone will think I just opened it not knowing I locked it, and will try to break in and cause damage, so I lock it one more time, just in case!


They say: Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Don’t believe it, it is next to more cleanliness, only dryer! After a shower, I like to wipe down the windowsill, because I am afraid the window will warp since it is wood. I get out of the shower, start getting dressed and think, did I wipe down the window? Back into the shower to look, and forget later and go check once more.

Many years ago, I discovered that my kitchen ceiling light in my old house was a problem. It seems that the halo florescent bulb would not go on automatically, that you needed to motivate it! You would turn up the switch on the wall, and the bulb would flicker. We would take a broom handle and run it around the inside of the bulb, and suddenly the bulb would go on. As we were moving, we decided to replace the fixture for the new owners, and when we undid the wiring, discovered that it was wired incorrectly to begin with. Fixing it, the oddness of it working right after 7 years, felt good but strange. As I stood in the then empty kitchen, switching on and off the kitchen light, I decided I didn’t want to move anymore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha -- I do the same thing with the "lock" button on my car. It must be genetic.

-#1 Son