Saturday, February 12, 2011

UNCLE JOE AND THE ‘F’ WORD!


I stood before the gathering of the second graders in the church basement, all hyper and non attentive, as the moderator: Isabella; of the group of about 60 children and their instructors listened to her give her opening remarks to the children.

“Now before we begin class, can anyone tell me about the big “F’ word? Anybody?

My ears were not deceiving me, as I sat there incredulous, mouth gaping, not believing.

One little tyke raised his hand and said: and I thought, here it comes!!

“Forgiveness.”

“Yes” said Isabella as she explained the Gospel for the day to the kids.

“Thank God for forgiveness I thought!

As I moved about the different classes, I came to TLW, (The Little Woman), who asked me to come to her class that night to shoot a picture of the children for a poster I am making for the church. I think a camera would not do as well as a gun might, since I ran out of the place after I was done, these kids are not human, they are climbing, screeching, uncontrollable monkeys. I guess Capuchin monkeys.

Suddenly, a little girl came over to me, and started to wave this picture in front of me.

“Hi!”

“Hello!”

“You see this picture? What do you think these are in it?”

There in the picture was two little girls, her and her sister and two furry little black and white creatures.

Me; “A pussy cat?”

“You’d think. No, they are rabbits! One of them is pregnant! I’m going to be a mommy, and MY mommy is going to be a grandmother, and my grandmother is going to be a great grandmother! We are all so excited!”

Me: “Wow! Good for you, and I’m sure your grandmother is great already. Can I be the uncle?”

“SURRRE”

No comments: