Wednesday, December 06, 2017

CHRISTMAS… IT'S A BIG THING!

Santa Clause comes on time this year! December 24, all the bells will ring, all the angels will raise their voices and Grandpa Joe will be welcoming my little California princess, La Principessa!

We are decorating first, it is important that my little girl get the spirit of Christmas, she will even have a fully decorated tree in her room! If she's upstairs or downstairs, there is a Christmas tree to greet her. There is even an elaborate Snow Village set up for her approval and imagination. In another part of the house will be a train set she can operate, all by herself, all for her! If her father tries to butt in, I'll make him put on his pajamas and send him to his room.

But there is more, there are the cookies and cakes I need to make for her. She is royalty, so I will treat her royally. I need to bake bread, pecan, and walnut for breakfast. You toast slices of the homemade stuff and add butter and boy-oh-boy! She'll love it!

Then of course comes Christmas morning! PRESENTS! And more presents.

You know, for years I would listen to my classmates at reunions talk about their grandkids, fellow board members relating experiences about theirs, and all I could do is listen and dream. I never thought that I would someday have this wonderful and uplifting experience myself. And if I did have a grandchild, I dreamt how wonderful a grandchild I would have.

I know I don't have a whole lot of time left on this Earth. But as I check out I can't help but smile at how fortunate she made her grandpa.




No comments: