Monday, December 11, 2017

WHEEL, CHEETUM & HOWE

Attorneys at Law

When it comes to supplements to my newspapers, I have everything from insurance, to undertakers and cemeteries, but the latest takes the cake. Lawyers!

Yes, those shifty-eyed bandits that populate Congress, political parties and courtrooms have now inserted as a group into my newspaper.

A slick (What else?) booklet about the size of a Pennysaver with full-color glossy pages, showcases the latest shysters as a gaggle or flock or perhaps what we should really call them: pack. Each firm has a lineup of teeth and ties that populate their particular office. Just imagine Jessie James, Al Capone and Murder Incorporated, advertising in a booklet, extolling their virtues, now imagine it is slightly lower and there you have it, Lawyers.

I remember when being a lawyer was something… to avoid. Now to make things easier, you just avoid lawyers!

There are countless jokes about lawyers, more than doctors I think.

Some of the sales pitch:
"We do only one thing: Litigate.  And we're good at it."
"Personal Injury, Medical Practice, Construction Accidents."
 I hear they even do Drive-By Shootings.
"Creative and Experienced Advocacy for Individuals"
 Creative ways to end up in jail!

As I peruse through the booklet, I notice that all the men were dark colored suits, with hands, crossed over at the waist. They look like they are ready to be placed in a casket with a wreath that says: "Bonne Voyage!"

Why would they do such a thing! Advertising for lawyers is like advertising for burglars. Both can clean you out and put you through unnecessary troubles. I must say that I am a little disappointed in that my law Firm is not even listed: WHEEL, CHEETUM & HOWE, LLP.


No comments: