Friday, October 11, 2019

BROKEN VOWS

I even looked Conservative in college!
Way back in 2006 when I first started writing this blog, I made it a vow to never get political or take sides in any political discussion. I take vows seriously and have all my life. I took a vow when I married and kept it always. I saw each of my children when they were born for the first time and promised to myself and them that I would always try to be there for them.

When something or someone you love is involved, you take it to heart and vow to love and protect it as best as is humanly possible.

There are times in life when you know it is time to break the rules, to cast aside and break that rule for the betterment of all. That time has come; I am knowingly breaking the rules, albeit, my rules, and giving an opinion that I feel needs to be expressed.

For years I was a Conservative Republican, from the days of Dwight D. Eisenhower, long before I was eligible to vote, all the way to George H. Bush and even his son to almost the final days of his presidency.

Then it dawned on me that I was too conflicted in my own heart and soul, my mind was rebelling against the very idea that voting the party line was a good idea. How could I stand for one issue for and another issue against? There were too many pro and con issues with the Conservative planks that it confused me. I discovered that what I was was an Independent and that made me happy. No more party line for me, no more burying my head in the sand when I knew that some arguments against the party were true, fair and sound. This was a political shock that transcended into a peaceful accommodation with the truth. I am free now.

As I watch the political world as it now stands, I see the hypocrisy now from both parties as they fight over the impeachment of the President of the US, his Attorney General and State Department heads.

But something far greater than the hypocrisy and demonstrated by all, the party lines that are being adhered to is encroaching into American lives, and as Americans, we need to control it or else. WE ARE COMPROMISING THE U.S. CONSTITUTION! The most sacred God-giving instrument that governs us all is under attack by POTUS. He is destroying the sacred words and rules that hold us together as a nation of morals and values. That instrument that makes America great, not the greatness that Trump thinks he is espousing.

Two culprits have enabled POTUS to run roughshod over our institutions and need to be singled out for their complicities with this sick man called Donald Trump. These two enablers who do know better, who choose to destroy our country and our high standing once in the World: Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell. Until they come to terms that politics take a back seat to the value of the U.S. Constitution, they too should be held accountable.

No comments: