Thursday, October 24, 2019

WHEN YOU LOOK BACK

Having reached the ripe old age of 74 years, I sometimes have flashbacks of my life and with the visualizations come the emotions. I can remember the events and how I felt in general or in particular to the events unfolding once again in my mind.

One thing about me is I rarely get bored. Not that I’m a genius or someone special, just that I think a lot of the past and how interesting it can be. For instance, I remember clearly the day my son passed away, the days before the horrific event and the full heaviness I felt in my heart. I can remember working for major marketing coming and the joy of knowing the people I worked for, the special days that transpired from them and the eagerness to participate.

There were those early days in my career, fresh out of college and working at a company founded by a genius and sitting in my office that was situated on the top floor of a skyscraper, with corner windows giving me an incredible view of both the north and west of Manhattan Island.

I still seem like I’m on the board of directors of a $73 million agency, sometimes presiding in the boardroom and sometimes in Albany, fighting for my agency’s agenda, the beautiful people who suffer from disabilities.

Then I sit back and realize that it is all gone either from my retiring or other reasons like going out of business.

Memories of my children shoot in and out of my consciousness and days spent with my wife Ellen sail through my head in the delightful recall.

I have nothing to be sorry for, all that transpired in 74 years will not be recalled in 174 years from now, but they will last for me, forever.

No comments: