Monday, February 24, 2020

MUSINGS AND OTHER UNFORTUNATE OCCURANCES!

I am currently sitting in the Long Island Community Hospital with my daughter Ellen. Her kidney functions are not good and neither is her potassium level. It is being treated and we are waiting on the kidney doctor to show up and do some evaluations and figure out the results of the tests of the last few days. So far, so good.

But sitting here has some drawbacks, like this metal chair I’m sitting on and the hardness of it all.

The nursing staff is very good and helpful, but they insist on talking to me with a facemask. It is hard to understand what the heck they are saying so, I ask them to repeat themselves.

This morning I had to use the restroom that is outside the MIC unit. So I head out the door and see a group of nurses standing outside the restroom as they are conducting a meeting. When I leave the restroom they are still standing there and I feel self-conscious, why, I don’t know.

About another hour passes and I have to go again, (too much coffee and juice in the morning). So, off I go once more. You guessed it, more nurses meeting in the same place. I’m wondering now if they are thinking this guy needs the kidney doctor. Little do they know I will be seeing him. I cannot face a nurse this morning dealing with their awareness of how many times this old man has gone to the restroom, but who’s counting?

No comments: