Saturday, February 29, 2020

LOOKING GOOD!

I hesitate to say this, but Ellen my daughter is looking very well this morning. As I entered her hospital room at Long Island Community Hospital she greeted me with a very vocal ‘hello’! She was very happy to see me!

This is a far cry from her mornings where she is in deep sleep or deep pain, the blanket pulled over her head. Her constant smile tells me she is feeling great relief and knows it. I think someone from her family present suddenly makes her happier than she been in a long time.

It is wonderful that I can share this moment with her and not have my stomach turning as I watched her suffer: maybe we have turned the corner.

But I do know better. I know that from one hour to the next she might regress into her old self again and the pain of watching along with her suffering will be my companion once again.

No comments: