Friday, March 04, 2011

DIINING AND CONVERSATION

The home front has been quiet lately. TLW (The Little Woman) can usually come home and give me the run down on how things are percolating in the old office. This usually makes for an amusing evening of dinner and conversation.

Who’s who and who’s not, what happened and what didn’t, who said what to whom, and who didn’t do what they were supposed to do all make for a good time for me. I don’t have that in my life, and when I did work, I never took it home for discussion, or never thought to.



But things are getting down right boring at the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Co. lately. TLW comes home, we sit, we eat, and that is it! NOTHING! She’s all taped out! Nothing, nada, nien! What in hell is coming to this world of Wanna-Be banking?

I’ll tell you what the trouble is. The kids today who work in these wanna-be banks are too busy texting each other. Too darn busy cell-phoning each other. They are not paying attention. There is just so much drama out there, and they need to pay more attention.



What I find particularly upsetting is that I am now reduced to eating mostly Weight Watcher’s dinners. Try that with NO conversation. Try that without an ongoing scandal or drama.

In my day, you always got the scoop. The women in the office would fill you in whether you wanted to hear it or not! “Sophie dies her hair, that’s not her real color. Besides the roots are gray!” Then there was “Guess who’s doing who?” (I must admit, that was one of my favorites)!

I think what I need to do to raise the level of those Weight Watcher meals is to go to the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company, and whisper in someone’s ear a nasty rumor, filled with real speculation. It may not be as good as real gossip, but it will sure as hell bring out some truths.

No comments: