Saturday, March 26, 2011

THE ‘KID’GETS OLDER

Today is #1 Son’s (Anthony) birthday! If I remember correctly, he is now getting older than me. These things do happen, and to top it all off, he is getting married. This will definitely help the aging process, I know, I was a young man when I got married, and look at me now

We go back a long time; I can remember him when he first showed up. It was a rainy morning, very early on after midnight, and being it was so dark and miserable out, I ran all the red lights on my way to the hospital in Smithtown. Finally, at 7:30 in the morning he was born.

The greatest gift a man can have is his children, the thrill of having a son, as the father is something else. The first son kind brings you to a new level in life. Every son after that sets a greater level.
Anthony was always a little old man, impressing people of all ages with his maturity, levelheadedness and intelligence. He has never disappointed either of us, through thick and thin. We in turn have always had a deep respect for our children, and #1 Son always seemed to get that from strangers as well. I always looked forward to bringing him to work with me, because it was easy. He conducted himself as a grownup from when I first took him into the city, until he got a job as a copywriter in the later years in college.



One of my bosses referred to him as “Our son”, and he really believed it too. Someone else referred to me after a while as “Anthony’s father.” That is what makes me proud, he can outshine me, but I love it. (It isn’t hard)



There is nothing I can do to reward Anthony for all the wonderful years he has given us, there is no just no way. Maybe our reward is we taught him right from wrong, and he believed, and because of that, a truly wonderful young woman will marry him for who he is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTHONY!
Touch a palm tree-
Love. Mom and Dad

2 comments:

pamela said...

It's time to sit at the grownups table!

Aunt Theresa said...

Happy Birthday,have great Birthday!!
Love you