Friday, March 18, 2011

THE WOMAN IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE!

Now that we have the wedding coming up in July, TLW (The Little Woman) is starting to talk more than usual! It seems like she is in need of filling up every quiet moment I may possess.

I can feel the nervousness in her voice, the tension builds up every day, and I wonder what she would be like if it were a daughter getting married?


It starts early in the morning, and she talks not only about the wedding, she talks about EVERYTHING! Not that she never spoke about everything before, just that there is more of it, and faster!

Life has become one long run-on sentence, filled with facts, staccato delivery and information I need to retain so she can’t say I don’t listen to her. It is hard to keep up.

I need a recorder, so I can at least study what she is saying, and not miss a word. The only thing that keeps her quiet is Oprah! Oprah is worth the money she gets, I’d cover her salary for all the miracle work she does.



A few weeks ago we were planning to go up to Maine to make arrangements for the dinner the night before the wedding. We have viewed every web site in York Harbor, in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts! That is just where to have the dinner. Then there is the issue of who is coming to the dinner, not only on her side, my side, the wedding party, but the bride’s side, the right side, and the left side. And where do all these people stay? Who is going to tell them where they can stay? I need a sedative. We can create scenarios that boggle the mind, single rooms, double rooms, rooms with a view, with pull out couches, and room that are small large and in between. I think Ill sleep in the car.

Her conversations have taken a new twist.

TLW: “You seem resistant to spending money!”
“I do? What makes you say that?”
“Well every time I mention something you question it.”
“Well, I get the impression that we are getting more ready than we need to be! Do we need to go to Maine on a Thursday when the wedding is on a Sunday?
“OK, We’ll go on Friday.”

This is from the woman who makes fun of me because I like to be early!

1 comment:

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Just smile and nod. It will be easier on you. ;)