Wednesday, March 30, 2011

GETTING TO KNOW YOU


I’m having a great time getting to know Courtney, my future daughter-in-law! We have accompanied her to a number of appointments to help her plan the wedding, and we have learned a good deal about the area of Maine/New Hampshire, and the idiosyncrasies of living in the great northeast.

All that aside, meeting with event planners, photographers and places to hold dinners for the bridal party the night before, has been a lot of fun.

For some insane and lame reason, the Catholic Church refuses to have weddings on Sunday in the state of Maine! So we are spending some time looking for a place where we can hold the ceremony for the kids.

There was the florist who made fun of my NY accent, but I was nice enough not to respond, although the name of her business is ‘Brenda’s Bloomers’ and I didn’t go there, even though she HAS A FUNNY ACCENT. But if you wish to hear what I was thinking, send a note and I will be glad to tell you!

But with all the running around and sometimes disappointment, our gal Courtney, kept a sweet disposition and always laughed, even spending all that time with me! There is one issue I have with TLC (The Lovely Courtney). Whatever she orders, I seem to order also! Almost every restaurant and meal, she would order, and I wind up ordering the thing! This is killing me, the meals are all low fat! No one will recognize me soon if this goes on!

Good God! I could then use my bloomer joke on me! (I’m not that far from it now.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD, MY NEPHEW GERARD!

No comments: