Saturday, October 21, 2017

IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT

The baseball playoffs are not over, Halloween has not arrived yet and Thanksgiving is not even in my mind, but it is 8:21 PM on October 18th and I see my first Christmas commercial of the season!

How come when it comes to advertisers, they never use Hanukkah music to sell a product, yet can use religious Christian songs to sell? This is because there is not many musical themed Jewish music the public knows about. Hopefully, it stays that way for good reason, yet we force Christianity on Jewish people.

But getting back to my complaint. A few weeks ago, I was in Costco and there in front of me stood a Christmas display! We weren't even finished with the 80-degree weather.

It seems to be my constant complaint, every fall, the invasive sales pitches using Christmas holiday as an icon or symbol to rally all the shoppers of the world and corral them into a herd of charging buyers, and they'll take cash too. Being an old man, I am as far away from getting excited as I could be. Except for my granddaughter, who I hope to see during the holidays when I will be excited as I do just for her, and the job of Santa I play, I'd like to go back to bed.

BAH! HUMBUG!

No comments: