Sunday, October 22, 2017

AH!

As I write this I sit on the front porch in a rocking chair, watching the sun rise up and cast long shadows across the green grass and turning leaves of Cape May. The birds sing in the distance to the promise of a beautiful day, awakens all who care.

In front of me sits a flower bush reaching out from the rich soil that lends its hospitality and the soft music of silence, bearing witness to the fact that life is grand sometimes.

Today I will walk down to the sea, and listen to the soft peaceful sounds of the sea, rushing toward me and like a child teasing, slowly pull away. The aroma of the salt air will bring me closer to the awareness that life exists where we look, that even our deepest troubles will fade away in the end and that the only thing let in life will be the sea.

Today I have checked-in my ego, my desire to do anything but look and listen and to engage my senses like never before. I can hear the silence because it is pronounced, lingering and complete, and I think of those I love and have loved who no longer find me. I find the forgiveness in my heart for all who hurt me and free myself of anything but that which is time better spent.

Have a good day.


No comments: