Monday, October 02, 2017

THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE!


There are not many things in my life that calm me more than the simple things. A tomato with a little salt or a stalk of celery with some olive oil and salt when I'm hungry, a cold beer in the heat of the day or even a quiet evening alone when TLW (The Little Woman) is talking to me. A donut with a glass of milk or cup of coffee stands the test of time.

There are questions I like to find answers to such as why Spaniards don't have last names like Bean. Is it because when they identify themselves they will say: "Yo Soy Bean!"

Looking at the everyday annoyances of life, like for instance: a clock we have on our kitchen wall that keeps dying and we having to change the battery for it, I set the hands at 12:00, without ever changing the battery anymore, so it's always lunchtime!

Recently, I sat on my semi-porch and watched the rain come in, a down pouring and with it the lightning and the booming that shakes the Heavens. It's fun and gives me a great sense of nature at her strongest. A simple thing, but very satisfying!

Every once in a while, there is the joy of Pasta e Fagioli, "Pasta Fazoola" as they said in Brooklyn, my favorite throwback dish from when I was a child. The beans and pasta, the soupy elegance make for a great meal in itself!


 

No comments: