Friday, December 08, 2006

I NEED A LIFE!

I am a creature of habit. I admit that because TLW (The Little Woman) says so. It seems that our TV, the 61” PROSCAN died recently, or should I say “again,” and we went out and bought a new TV. While we wait for it to be delivered, we took an old TV of ours that #1 Son left behind when he moved out. It too died on us, but the new TV comes tonight.

Yesterday I made my usual cup of tea at 2:30 in the afternoon, sat in my favorite chair in front of the TV, and there was no TV! I looked again, no TV, I turned away and looked back, still no TV. What do I do with a perfect afternoon of overcast, cool weather, a hot cup of tea and no TV? Gee, I even shut the lights off, wearing one of my many plaid shirts to complete both my look and mood.

It is sad that I can’t come up with something to do. I won’t read my book, I only do that in bed to help me fall asleep, (well not only that) after reading a paragraph 5 times, I shut the book and go to sleep. I can’t draw; I only do artwork when I feel it, play my piano, no, it is not 7pm yet. Write the Blog? Yes! So this blog is writing itself as I sit and watch, sipping my tea.

I am becoming such a wuss now that I’m retired. Tea and TV, my goodness. You know a lot of my diction has changed over the years, as I try to eliminate some of my Brooklyn accent. Not all of it, my sisters still need to understand me. An Italian kid from Brooklyn never drinks tea, coffee; wine maybe, even beer, but never tea. Saying: “My goodness” is another thing a kid from Brooklyn would never say, but there I go saying it!

I have the felling that the reason for the changes is due to wedded bliss, domestication by TLW who is very subtle in her persuasive ways. Somehow she is turning me into a bonafide wuss, with all the diction and tea I can drink!

GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME!

No comments: