Tuesday, December 05, 2006

NOT SO FAST, PLASMA

Sunday morning I asked TLW (The Little Woman) to go on the Internet and look up plasma TVs and compare them to LCDs. We were in for a shock!!

It turns out that although Plasma TV has a better picture in the beginning, it starts to develop complications after about 3 months in some cases. The two biggest drawbacks are the picture ghost image that burns into the screen and the life span, which is about half that of an LCD!

I’m not paying a whole lot of money for drawbacks like that to happen. We also found out that being that all this technology is fairly new, especially on sets at 44” to 65” in screen size, the extended warranty is a very good idea.

So off to Best Buy we went and made the change, a seamless easy transaction if you have a delivery date like we do. One gal tried to sell us on the idea that we shouldn’t change because of the picture quality, but she referred us to another gal who was right on the ball. So come Friday, a new TV, meanwhile our substitute lost its sound and on/off switch, so we throw out two TVs in one day! #1 Son will be very happy since he rides TLW and me about how many TVs we have in the house. I think now we have more computers than TVs!

What I would like to see is more than one refrigerator.

Today I’ll be in New York City having sushi with some old pals of mine from Publishers Clearing House, both writers, the lovely Ronne Freedman and the amiable Bill Worthman, both partners in my freelance days of yesteryear. Both Ronne and Bill are very talented writers that could convince you to buy ice in Antarctica.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to know more about Bill Worthman, would you please send me either his postal address or e-mail.

tbank you: worthman3@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

My name is Bill Worthman and would be more than happy to reply to any questions.